Series PFT Paddlewheel Flow Sensor
Non-Magnetic Sensing, Adjustable for 1-1/2 to 40" (38.1 to 1016 mm) Pipe, Pulse or 4 to 20 mA
The Series PFT Insertion Paddlewheel Flowmeters are used to monitor liquid flow rates in pipes from 1-1/2 to 40" and is available in brass or 316 SS body. The unit outputs a frequency proportional pulsed or 4 to 20 mA output. The pulse models are a square wave output signal with frequency proportional to the flow velocity and the 4 to 20 mA models have a linear output of the velocity with 4 mA equal to 0 ft/s and 20 mA equal to 25 ft/s.
- Ground water remediation
- Cooling systems
- Pump protection
- Leak detection
- Filtration systems
Models & Ordering
- Water-based fluids.
- 1.2 to 25 ft/s (0.37 to 7.62 m/s).
- Wetted Materials:
- Body and fitting: Brass or 316 SS; Fitting O-ring: FKM standard, silicone or Buna-N optional; Impeller: 316 SS; Shaft: tungsten carbide standard or 316 SS optional; Bearing: PTFE standard.
- ±1.0% of FS.
- ±0.5% of FS.
- Temperature Limits:
- -40 to 212°F (-40 to 100°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 400 psig (27.6 bar) @ 100°F (37.8°C), 325 psig (22.4 bar) @ 212°F (100°C).
- Process Connection:
- 1-1/2" NPT male standard, 2" NPT male optional.
- > Pulse: NPN open collector with square wave output, rated 60 V @ 50 mA
Frequency: 3.2 to 200 Hz. Pulse Width: 2.5 msec ±25%.
4 to 20 mA: 4 mA is 0 ft/s, 20 mA is 25 ft/s.
- Power Requirement:
- 10 to 35 VDC.
- Power Consumption:
- 40 mA (max).
- Electrical Connection:
- 22 AWG shielded UL type PTLC rated 105°C, 20' (6.1 m) long with cable gland. Can be extended up to 2000' (609 m) with similar cable. Optional UL listed burial rated cable.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 6P (IP67) *.
- Housing Materials:
- Brass or 316 SS.
- 3 lb. (1.36 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- *Brass units IP67 only.
- Bearings and shaft offer excellent wear protection even in applications with particulate for long life
- Weatherproof and submersible rated for irrigation applications
- One unit adjustable over a large pipe size range
- Multiple wetted material choices offer application versatility
- Integral 4 to 20 mA output with no need for additional external components
- Sensor technology uses inductive sensing to sense the blades of the impeller therefor does not use magnets allowing low flow rate monitoring with no concerns regarding magnetic material in the flow
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-PFT-HKIT||1-1/2" brass valve with nipple||Same Day||$204.00||Order|
|A-PFT-HKIT-SS||1-1/2" SS valve with nipple||1-2 Weeks||$255.00||Order|
|A-PFT-HKIT-SS-BSPT||1-1/2" BSPT SS valve with nipple||Same Day||$255.00||Order|
|EXAMPLE||PFT||I||D||N||B1||1||1||S||ST||Series PFT-IDN-B111-S-ST Insertion Paddlewheel Flow Sensor, pulse output, brass body, 1-1/2" male NPT connection, FKM o' ring, tungsten-carbide shaft, PTFE bearing, with stainless steel tag..|
|SERIES||PFT||Paddlewheel Flow Sensor|
|600UA/40MA 2.5MS Pulse
Analog 4-20 mA Transmitter
316 SST body
|1-1/2" NPTM Mounting
2" NPTM Mounting
1-1/2" Male BSPT Mounting
2" Male BSPT Mounting
1-1/2" NPTM hot tap with valve
1-1/2" NPTM hot tap without valve
1-1/2" BSPT hot tap with valve
1-1/2" BSPT hot tap without valve
|O' RING MATERIAL||1
Silicone (FDA Approved)
|Tungsten-Carbide Shaft, 316SS Impeller, PTFE Bearing
316SS Shaft, 316SS Impeller, PTFE Bearing
|22 GA Shielded Wire, 20 ft.
18 GA UL Listed Burial Rated, 4 ft.
|OPTIONS||ST||Stainless Steel Tag|
Product Data Sheet
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.