Series DS In-Line Flow Sensors
Use with the Dwyer® Differential Pressure Gages or Transmitters
The Series DS In-Line Flow Sensors are two Series of averaging Pitot tubes for compatible gases and liquids that provide accurate and convenient flow rate sensing, for schedule 40 pipe, when purchased with suitable differential pressure gage with appropriate range.
The Series DS-300 Averaging Flow Sensors are designed to be inserted in the pipeline through a compression fitting and available for pipe sizes from 1 to 10" (2.5 to 25.4 cm). Accessories include adapters with 1/4" SAE 45° flared ends compatible with hoses supplied with the Model A-471 Portable Capsuhelic® Gage Kit.
The Series DS-400 Averaging Flow Sensors are designed for insertion lengths up to 24" (61 cm) and include a pair of 1/8" NPT x 1/4" SAE 45° flared adapters which are compatible with hoses used in the Model A-471 Portable Capsuhelic® Gage Kit. The supplied solid brass mounting adapter has a 3/4" dia. compression fitting to lock in required insertion length and a 3/4" male NPT thread for mounting in a threaded branch connection (not included).
- Natural, flare, flue, stack gas
- Boiler feedwater
- Cooling water
- Superheated, saturated, or geothermal steam
- Combustion or compressed air
- Oil flow monitoring
Models & Ordering
- Multiple sensing point measurement and built-in averaging capability eliminates the need for “traversing” the flowing stream with single point velocity pressure measurement saving time
- Extremely reliable, proven technology, Pitot tubes, have been used in flow measurement for years
- All models include convenient and quick-acting quarter-turn ball valves to isolate the sensor for zeroing with 1/8" female NPT valve assembly process connections.
- Furnished with instrument shut-off valves on both pressure connections with 1/8" female NPT connections rated at 200 psig (13.7 bar) and 200°F (93.3°C)
- Where valves are not required, they can be omitted at reduced cost
- The Series DS-400 Averaging Flow Sensors are quality constructed from extra strong 3/4" dia. stainless steel to resist increased forces encountered at higher flow rates with both air and water
- Economical flow indication when used with appropriate differential pressure gage
- Rugged construction yields, non-clogging, stable design
- -LV - Less Valves (DS-300). To order, add suffix -LV.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-160||Threaded branch connection, 3/8" NPT, forged steel, 3000 psi.||Less Than 1 Week||$19.00||Order|
|A-161||Brass bushing, 1/4" x 3/8".||Less Than 1 Week||$4.70||Order|
|EXAMPLE||DS||400||6||LV||Series DS-400-6-LV DS-400 Flow Sensor, 6" probe length, less valves|
DS In-Line Flow Sensor
DS Averaging Flow Sensor
1" Probe Length
1-1/4" Probe Length
1-1/2" Probe Length
2" Probe Length
2-1/2" Probe Length
3" Probe Length
4" Probe Length
6" Probe Length
8" Probe Length
10" Probe Length
12" Probe Length
14" Probe Length
16" Probe Length
18" Probe Length
20" Probe Length
24" Probe Length
- How many sensing points are there on a 6" DS-300 In-Line Flow Meter?
- The 6” DS flow sensor has 4 sensing holes. (3” and larger all have 4 holes, sensors smaller than 3” have 2 holes).
- I have a question about the Series 160 Pitot tube. I am wondering whether you can use this as a water flow measurement instead of air flow measurement. Best, Thanks
- Our Series 160 pitot tube is specifically designed to monitor or control air velocity or air flow and not water flow. Our Series DS in-line flow sensors can be used for flow rate sensing of compatible gases and liquids for schedule 40 pipe.
- Do you have a flow calculation program that calculates differential pressure from DS400 when given flow rate, temperature & pressure?
- Yes you can find the DS Flow Calculator on our website www.dwyer-inst.com under DS In-Line Flow Sensors. On the DS page click on the Apps tab and that will bring you to the Air Velocity and Flow Calculator and Series DS Flow Calculator.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.