Series 490A Hydronic Differential Pressure Manometer
Liquid & Gas Pressure Measurement, ±0.5% FS Accuracy
The SERIES 490A Hydronic Differential Pressure Manometers are versatile, handheld, battery operated manometers available in several basic ranges for positive or positive differential pressure measurement and can tolerate most liquid media compatible with 316LSS. A new feature added to the Series 490A is a field adjustable damping, which allows the user to choose the level of display averaging rate corresponding to the fluctuation level common in many applications.
NEW! 490A-HKIT Option is located in the Product Configurator.
Hydronic meter kit includes: (2) six foot high-pressure rated tubing with shut off valves, high pressure 3-way valve, 8 ft poly tubing for purges, hard travel case, handheld carrying strap, 1/16" x 1 1/2", 1/8" x 3" and 1/8" x 1-1/2" pairs of pressure probes, 90° Flare to 1/4" NPT fittings, adjustable 8" wrench, PTFE Tape, and magnetic protective rubber boot. NIST Calibration Certificate comes standard.
Dwyer Instruments, Inc. was recognized for excellence in product design in the 14th annual Dealer Design Awards Program sponsored by The Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News magazine (The ACHR News). An independent panel of contractors acted as judges in the contest that had 81 entries. The company’s Series 490A-HKit Hydronic Differential Pressure Manometer was the Bronze Award Winner in the Electronic and Hand Tools category. The ACHR News is the leading trade magazine in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industries. To read the full announcement please visit http://www.dwyer-inst.com/2017DDABronzeWinner.
- Chiller to coils for freeze protection
- Hydronic valve balancing
- Measure pressure drop across pumps
- Refrigerant pressure testing
Models & Ordering
- Compatible gases & liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Without valve: 316L SS, -3V option: 316LSS, Buna-N, silicone, grease, PTFE, brass 360, copper, reinforced acetal copolymer.
- ±0.5% FS, 60 to 78°F (15.6 to 25.6°C); ±1.5% FS from 32 to 60°F and 78 to 104°F (0 to 15.6°C and 25.6 to 40°C).
- Pressure Hysteresis:
- ±0.1% FS.
- Pressure Limits:
- See chart on catalog page.
- Electronic Temperature Limits:
- 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C).
- Storage Temperature Limits:
- -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C).
- 0.42" (10.6 mm) 4 digit LCD.
- See chart on catalog page.
- Power Requirements:
- 9 V alkaline battery, installed non-functional, user replaceable.
- Process Connections:
- Two 1/8" (3.18 mm) female NPT.
- 14.1 oz (400 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- Seven user-selectable English and metric units
- Stores up to 40 readings for later recall
- Backlight for use in dim areas
- Digital dampening for low pressure - high resolution logging accuracy
- Automatic resolution adjustment for finer control
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-402A||Carrying case for most manometers; tough, gray nylon pouch, double zippered with belt loop||Next Day||$42.25||Order|
|A-47X-BOOT||Rubber boot for manometers (manometer not included).||Next Day||$12.50||Order|
|A-HKIT-HOSES||One pair red & blue 60" SAE replacement hoses for the 490A-HKIT, each with integral ball valve||1-2 Weeks||$56.00||Order|
|A-HKIT-500||Pressure test plug adapter for the 490A-HKIT, 1/8" dia x 1-1/2" length (2 per kit)||1-2 Weeks||$45.00||Order|
|A-HKIT-500XL||Pressure test plug adapter for the 490A-HKIT, 1/8" dia x 3" length (2 per kit)||1-2 Weeks||$80.00||Order|
|A-HKIT-510||Pressure test plug adapter for the 490A-HKIT, 1/16" dia x 1-1/2" length (2 per kit)||1-2 Weeks||$65.00||Order|
|A-HKIT-AFIT||Adapter kit, includes pairs of SAE 1/4" adapters and elbow fittings.||1-2 Weeks||$32.00||Order|
|A-HKIT-BFIT||Adapter fitting kit, includes pair of bleed fitting assemblies.||1-2 Weeks||$30.00||Order|
|EXAMPLE||490A||1||AT||Series 490A-1-AT Wet/Wet Handheld Digital Manometer, range 0-15.00 psi, with aluminum tag.|
|SERIES||490A||Wet/Wet Handheld Digital Manometer|
Certificate of Calibration
Factory Calibration Certificate
NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate
Stainless Steel Tag
3-Way Valve with Bleed Screw (100 psi max
Product Data Sheet
- Can a Slack tube manometer be used for water pressure?
- That style of manometer is to be used with air/gases only. If you need something that reads water pressure, you would want to use something like our Series 490, Series 490A or Series 1211/1212.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.