Series CFS2 Cable Float Switch
Mercury-Free, UL/CSA Approval Options
The SERIES CFS2 Cable Float Switches is a mechanically actuated floating switch intended to activate electrical components, such as pumps, to start and stop automatically. The CFS2 is perfect for simple level control of liquids for filling or draining reservoirs and tanks. Float switches such as the CFS2 are the most universally used for pump automation, due to their high reliability, economical pricing, and easy installation. Counterweights and cable hangers are available to suit a variety of mounting applications. Optional cables available include those with UL/CSA approval, higher chemical compatibility, high temperature durability, oil resistance, and drinking water suitability. Contact factory for piggyback plug option, gold contact switch option and cable length options ranging from 10 to 70' (3.04 to 21.34 m).
- Water level monitoring
- Tank level control
- High or low level alarm
- Municipal water control
- Industrial water control
- Filling or draining reservoirs and tanks
- Pump automation
Models & Ordering
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Enclosure: Polypropylene; Cable: See model chart on catalog page.
- Temperature Limits:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 14.5 psi (1 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Switch Type:
- See model chart on catalog page.
- Electrical Rating:
10 (8) A @ 250 VAC.
1 HP @ 125 VAC 16 FLA;
2 HP @ 250 VAC 12 FLA;
- Shipping Weight:
- Enclosures: 5.43 oz (154 g);
Cable: 0.77 oz (21.27 g) per ft.
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, CSA, UL.
- High reliability with mercury-free, magnetic, mechanical internal design
- Economical pricing with multiple option available for increased versatility
- Easy installation with counterweights and cable hangers to suit a variety of mounting applications
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-457||7.76 oz (220 g) counterweight||Next Day||$2.20||Order|
(Dimensions:14.9" x 4.1" x 3.0", 1.0 lb.)
|EXAMPLE||CFS2||O||A||P||N||10||Series CFS2-ONAPN-10, Cable Float Switch 2, nomally open, no-ground wire, 10(4)A 250V, PVC, no piggy-back plug, 10 ft cable length|
|SERIES||CFS2||Cable Float Switch 2|
Normally Open (SPST) Emptying Function
Normally Closed (SPST) Filling Function
No Ground Wire
10(4)A 250V - 10(8)A 250V
1HP 125V 16FLA
2HP 250V 12FLA (Only with Cable Materials)
0.1(0.05)A 250V/1-100 mA 5-24V
PVC Polyvinyl Chloride 05W-F
Neoprene Rubber Compoud EM2 Quality H07RN-F
Thermoset Compound CPE SJOW 3X16 AWG UL (O or C Switch Type only)
Rubber Compound EM7 Quality H07BN4-F
EPDM Ethylene Propylene ACS 07RN8-F
|PIGGY BACK PLUG||
No-Piggy Back Plug
Piggy Back Plug
- The catalog page for the CFS2 level switches states, "Optional cables available include those with drinking water suitability." Which cable should I specify for use in a drinking water application?
- Our cables that are compatible with drinking water must be purchased in quantities of 1000pcs. The cables we carry in stock that have a minimum order quantity of 1 pc are not drinking water approved.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.